Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Psalm for My Dream Wedding

I have dreamed for years that the Psalm during my wedding would be sang.  My mother bought an album before entitled Christian Wedding Songs and it was in that album that I first fell in love with the song "This is the day" by Scott Wesley Brown.  I liked it very much because it was based on the verse "This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad."  The lyrics were also very beautiful.  Thus, when I got engaged, I shared this song with my future fiance.  Good thing, the priest who officiated our wedding and the church where it was held allowed us to use this song as the Psalm during our wedding ceremony.


My friend, Hanzel, was supposed to sing the verses and lead the Music Ministry in singing the chorus part; but he got sick on the day of my wedding.  Thanks to my friend, Bogs, who even with very little time to practice was able to sing it during the ceremony.  Another element in my dream wedding was fulfilled.
Bogs sings the Psalm.

My friends who formed our choir.


This is The Day

by Scott Wesley Brown


This is the day that the Lord hath made
And I'm so glad he made you
With each rising sun you are here by my side
You are more than a dream come true
Ohh, to have you, to hold you, to love you, to pray
To share with, to care with, to hold hands and say...
This is the day that the Lord hath made
And I will rejoice, I will rejoice, I will rejoice with you

This is the love that the Lord hath made
That you and I, we are one
Love's mystery is unfolding today
Written for us in the sun
Ohh, for better, for worse, for rich or for poor
Each day that passes, I love you more...
Cause this is the day that the Lord hath made
And I will rejoice, I will rejoice, I will rejoice with you
This is the day...


No comments:

Post a Comment