Friday, June 1, 2012

Angels Brought Me Here as Entourage Procession Song

I first heard the song Angels Brought Me Here while on a taxi cab on my way to Makati Medical Center.  I was having severe back aches and I almost could not move because of excruciating pain. And yet when the lyrics of the song sank into my head (it was that striking for me even amidst the pain), I forgot about my back pain temporarily and focused on listening to the song lyrics.

I lost no time finding out more about the song after my check up until I learned that it was sang by an Australian singer named Guy Sebastian.  I was so inspired by the lyrics of the song that I promised myself that it will be one of the songs to be sang at my wedding.  The truth is at that time, I still didn't have a boyfriend. :) I have not even written my book.  Anyway, the songs sums what I think my feelings would be when I finally stand before my future bridegroom.  I would really feel that he's the answer to my prayer and that it would be God's angels who will bring him and me to each other.

So when I finally got engaged and was already planning for my wedding, I chose this as the song to be sang while my bridegroom and the rest of the entourage walks towards the altar.  I asked my very good friend, Oggie Benipayo, to sing it.

Below is the lyrics of this beautiful and inspiring song.



Angels Brought Me Here

Composed by Jörgen Elofsson and John Reid
Performed by Guy Sebastian


It's been a long and winding journey,
but i'm finally here tonight
Picking up the pieces,
and walking back into the light


Into the sunset of your glory,
where my heart and future lies
There's nothing like that feeling,
when i look into your eyes.
 

[Bridge]


My dreams came true, when i found you
I found you, my miracle...

[Chorus]

If you could see, what i see,
that you're the answer to my prayers
And if you could feel, the tenderness i feel
You would know, it would be clear,
that angels brought me here...
 

Standing here before you,
feels like I've been born again
Every breath is your love,
every heartbeat speaks your name...

[Bridge 2]

My dreams came true, right here in front of you
My miracle...

[Chorus]

[Bridge 3]

Brought me here to be with you,
I'll be forever grateful (oh forever Faithful)
My dreams came true
When I found you
My miracle...


[Chorus]

Yes they brought me here...
If you could feel, the tenderness i feel...
You would know, it would be clear,
that angels brought me here...

---------------
And so as I imagined it years before my wedding day, that was how I felt on December 19, 2007 and this song made it extra special.

No comments:

Post a Comment