Sunday, June 3, 2012

My Bridegroom's Song

I wrote this poem on June 12, 2005 when I was still imagining my wedding and how my bridegroom would feel on our our wedding day.  This was inspired by Revelations 21:2, Habakkuk 3:19, Isaiah 54:5, 61:9-11, and Isaiah 62:13.

--------------

 I watch in awe
From where I stand
I can't believe
It is this grand

Your cheeks blushing with pure love
Your eyes glist'ning with hope
My soul dances within me
Your smile sets me all aglow

So beautiful and tender
Delicate and rare
Precious in my eyes
I wait with joy for you my dear

Eager to be your husband
Can't wait to hold your hand
Oh praise the Lord of heaven
That He had all these planned

***************
The photos below show what actually happened on the day of my wedding.

 




View from the altar 
My very happy bridegroom who definitely liked what he saw.

Photo credits: Andre Photography and Rax Dumadag

No comments:

Post a Comment