Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Recommended Wedding Song: Come What May from Moulin Rouge

I fell in love with this song as soon as Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman sang this song in the movie Moulin Rouge.  It's funny as I look back now how I cried so much while watching that movie. hahaha I was broken hearted then and I simply could not hold back my tears.  I think I was crying for the most part of the movie.  That was the sad part of my love story.

Then, I met the man who eventually became my husband.  And the memory of me crying over that movie (while nursing a broken heart) was overshadowed by the promise of love and togetherness in a new relationship and a marriage.

My fiance and I liked this song very much because of its good melody and beautiful lyrics.  This is one of our favorite love songs.  It could even pass as out theme song. :)  Thus, it was part of our song list during our wedding.

Check out the song lyrics below.  It's very romantic and very apt for weddings.  It echoes the promise of brides and grooms that they will love each other until death... "'til death do us part" as couples say or as in the lyrics of the song "until my dying day."


Come What May
Soundtrack of the movie Moulin Rouge

[Ewan:]
Never knew I could feel like this
Like I've never seen the sky before
Want to vanish inside your kiss
Everyday I love you more and more
Listen to my heart, can you hear it sing
Telling me to give you everything
Seasons may change, winter to spring
But I love you, until the end of time

[Chorus:]
Come what may
Come what may
I will love you until my dying day

[Both:]
Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place
Suddenly it moves with such a perfect grace
Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste
It all revolves around you
And there's no mountain too high
No river too wide
Sing out this song and I'll be there by your side
Storm clouds may gather
And stars may collide
[Ewan:]But I love you
[Nicole:]I love you
Until the end of time

[Chorus:]
Come what may
Come what may
I will love you, until my dying day

[Choir]

[Everyone:]
I will love you (Come what may)
Oh Yes I will love you (Come what may)
I will love you, until my dying day.


Here is a video clip of the song.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment