Friday, June 1, 2012

Yes, I do!

"Is everything in order?"

"Yes, sir!  Just as you instructed us, we have moved everyone to take their rightful place."

"In that case, there's only one thing left for me to do... I will speak to her now."

All of heaven must be at a stand still when God spoke to Mary through the angel Gabriel.  Everyone must have watched without batting an eyelash.  Will she say "yes"?

"Behold the handmaid of the Lord!  Be it done to me according to your word." (Luke 1:38)

Yes!  She said "yes"!  The choirs of angels sang and all the heavenly beings danced for joy.  But the most joyful, of course, was God Himself; for Mary has chosen to believe in Him.

As I pondered on these things, God gave me an insight, which made my heart skip.  I could not explain it but these were the words I heard the Father say to His angels.

He said: "Today, I'm giving my favored daughter away."

And then, I was led to write the first few lines of this reflection.

"Is everything in order?"

"Yes, sir! Just as you instructed us, we have moved everyone to take their rightful place."
"In that case, there's only one thing left for me to do... I will speak to her now."

Almost as difficult and impossible as was the case when Mary had to choose to believe, God asks me to believe at this time.

How can God give me away?  I don't have a boyfriend yet.  There isn't anyone qualified who is courting me now.  But God said that he's giving me away so that's it.  I may not see that all is in place and that the stage has been set; but God sees everything and He seems pleased.  Otherwise, he will not think that this is the right time.

"And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what was spoken to her by the Lord." (Luke 1:45)

I could not help but smile as I read those words.  Those words comfort and encourage me.  They echo God's words to me that the wedding feast he has planned for me is far more beautiful than what I can imagine or dream of.

My Father is giving me away... to whom, I don't know yet.  But I trust His judgment and I trust that everything is in order.

"Do you believe Him?" asked an angel.

I answered, "Yes, I do!"

----------------

This is a page in my book When My Bridegroom Comes.  I believed in God's promise to me so much that I did not only publish this reflection I had in one of my times of prayer, I even wrote a book about my struggles and challnges as a single lady.  I wrote the book to express my faith in God the Father who planted that dream in my heart and made this promise to me -- that one day I will marry the man He has anointed to be my bridegroom, a man after His heart.

True to His word and promise, God orchestrated the first meeting between me and my future bridegroom.  It was more than a month after I published my book, at a Valentine party.  It was also my book launch.  Amazingly romantic! 
That's me saying YES during my wedding day.

I know in my heart that God ordered things to happen that way because of His great love for me.  I'm glad I chose to believe even when my circumstances at the time I wrote this reflection were not encouraging.

Glory and praise to our God who fulfills every promise He makes from one generation to the next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment